Saturday, November 6, 2010

An organized junk drawer.


It's on my to-do list. I can go either way. It is so easy to shove all the crap that's on the counter into a drawer and never thing about it again...until you need that one pen, or a calculator, or your phone charger...And then you end up digging through combs, staples, papers that should be in the garbage-and then you stab yourself with a knife that somone threw in there. Danger zone.

And then I think about my amazingly organized friend Deb. She is the best housekeeper, decorator and organizer that I have ever known. She seriously puts Martha Stewart to shame. Just walking into her home is like a breath of fresh air. You'd think that there may be one drawer or cupboard that would just have random crap thrown in it-nope! Her junk drawers can't even be called junk drawers! There is a drawer for pens, scissors, pencils, markers and small pads of paper. Then there's a drawer for brushes, hairbows, de-tangler, bobby pins and hair bands. It gives me the inspiration I need to go out and buy a lable maker(who am I kidding-I totally own a lable maker), put all the little randoms in one place and not freak out whenever I have to go searching for a pen.

And seriously-don't even get me started on how much I want this jewelery display drawer (my birthday is just right around the corner...).

No comments:

Post a Comment