Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cream Cheese Mints.


 
I don't know why, but I've had a craving for these mints that my mom makes for days now. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I miss my family and these mints come with good memories. Making them is a tradition that's been passed down for generations on my Mom's side of the family. We have mint molds that were my Great Grandmother's, and we still use them. My mom and my sweet Auntie make sure that we have these mints on every special family occasion. Weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, anniversaries, birthdays (but only if your age warrants mints...I'm thinking over 60...). Anyways. They remind me of my Grandma and my Mom and my sister and my wedding and many, many other things. Not to mention the fact that they totally RULE. Cream cheese, sugar, pure peppermint extract (sometimes almond, right mom?) and love. Plus they keep for like, years in the freezer. Awesome.

1 comment: