Monday, October 11, 2010

Waking up every morning and deciding to have a GREAT attitude.

I've been thinking about starting a new blog for a while. I have had absolutely NO idea what I wanted it to be about. Last night, as I was sitting with Joe, it kind of just came to me. You know what's awesome?? A lot of things! THIS. Right here. Right now. The reality is this: Our sweet little Hanson family just up and moved away from everything we've ever known. Our family, our church family, our dear friends who ARE family...and now we're in North Carolina. Alone. This could be a very bad situation, but you know what? It isn't at all. God promises that He works everything together for the good of those who love Him and I believe that with my whole heart. He has. In the past year and a half, he's given our family the best friends that we've ever had, He's deepened friendships that were already established, He's allowed me to spend time with Joe when we thought we wouldn't see eachother for at least 11 months, He's made Joe and I rely on Him more than we ever had before...and SO much more.

The way I see it, I could be sitting here, like so many Army wives, brooding over the fact that "the Army has moved us here away from everyone..." but you know what? I'm not going to do that. Ever. I will not be that woman. I have my Jesus, my husband, my family and a HUGE network of people that, even though the miles seperate us, will support me through anything. AHH!! How GREAT is that?!? I hope you know that I'm here for you, too. If you're reading this, you've made a difference in my life and I appreciate you.

We all have a lot to be thankful for, and we all have things that we're struggling with. Life is never going to be perfect. And just when it seems like things are finally getting better or at least smoothing out, something always happens to knock us off balance. At least that's what I've noticed. But those are the times we can cry out to our God and tell Him that we can't do it on our own. Because we can't. There are always going to be things that we can't control. A flat tire, the loss of a job, screaming children, someone's bad attitude, seriously, the list goes on. The only thing we can control is how we deal. I'm choosing to wake up every morning with a smile. There are a lot of things to be thankful for. Like Unicorns. And double rainbows.

Be happy, because, why not?

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome! And I love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, if you want to know what's awsome, just go look in the mirror, because I know a slew of people who would say "YOU are awesome!!"

    I can't wait to see all the fun things you post, and what God shows you is awesome. From Himself, His love and mercies, to double rainbows & fun Youtube videos. Let's be thankful for, and revel in, the awesome!

    ReplyDelete